LOKMAT APPLLP MAX

alsorkin

I find that the volume buttons that are large and raised on the JBL Clip4 can control the watch volume without looking at it . It is clipped to my belt so do not have to touch the watch that is in my front pocket. So nice to use this way!

Thomas

1.) I have bought the S999 for 133€. Thats positive.
2.) My clock has the version 5 date 20210305. All (my) programs are functioning.
The negative is : I haven't found preventing android to stop programs, such as whatapps,signal,telegram or other utilies .
So I cant use those programs as adidas running, it stops.
3.) The gps is better than in Lemfo Max.
4.) The bluetooth is better working with my hearing aids than in Lemfo Max, similar to Lemfo 10
5.) The cam, sorry I have had believe the advertisement, so I have had hoped for more. But the price....maybe the cam is ok
6.) The idea to pull out the S999 from the wristband is very good. But still I miss a holder with a band around my neck...

The result is: I am still wearing the Lemfo Max with the Ticwis software. Maybe an update will brings progress.

WatchSmarty

Staff member
1.) I have bought the S999 for 133€. Thats positive.
2.) My clock has the version 5 date 20210305. All (my) programs are functioning.
The negative is : I haven't found preventing android to stop programs, such as whatapps,signal,telegram or other utilies .
So I cant use those programs as adidas running, it stops.
3.) The gps is better than in Lemfo Max.
4.) The bluetooth is better working with my hearing aids than in Lemfo Max, similar to Lemfo 10
5.) The cam, sorry I have had believe the advertisement, so I have had hoped for more. But the price....maybe the cam is ok
6.) The idea to pull out the S999 from the wristband is very good. But still I miss a holder with a band around my neck...

The result is: I am still wearing the Lemfo Max with the Ticwis software. Maybe an update will brings progress.

Are you saying that when using Adidas Running, a message comes in from something like WhatsApp and Adidas Running stops?

Thomas

Are you saying that when using Adidas Running, a message comes in from something like WhatsApp and Adidas Running stops?
Oh no message, I think its the accu optimizing by android. Only there is no possibility to stop this. In the Max or the LF10 there is "special app access" and then battery optimizing on or off . Like in the smartphones. S999 only has "backgrounddata allowed". So all programs are stopping after a while, although shown under "Multitasking".

ted

so has anybody tried Eric Crochmere's launcher from full android smartwatchs, or even an alternative launcher like 'apex' from the play store?

how are people finding the battery life, I was hoping for at least two days with moderate use, I. E. a bit of WiFi browsing in the evening, normal standby the rest of the day?

Thomas

The battery life with full bluetooth ,wlan and 4g the whole day plus navigation software for about 1hour : one day or 14 hours.
I think you have two days if you use wlan etc only moderate.
But the problem is still, that i have found only one program (A-GPS), which wrote itself in the list of apps, that android doesn't stop.
This "list" is normally on every other system visible, but not in S999. There's still no update of the firmware.

ted

The battery life with full bluetooth ,wlan and 4g the whole day plus navigation software for about 1hour : one day or 14 hours.
I think you have two days if you use wlan etc only moderate.
But the problem is still, that i have found only one program (A-GPS), which wrote itself in the list of apps, that android doesn't stop.
This "list" is normally on every other system visible, but not in S999. There's still no update of the firmware.
are you saying the apps just aren't visible on the apps screen, or not there at all, i.e. can they still be viewed in settings->apps, or maybe in your playstore list, because if so it might be possible to launch them an alternative way ?

as i understand it it's the launchers job to list all installed apps, so getting a different one working would cure that issue

Thomas

The (my) problem with the S999 is not the list of apps on the screen, the problem is, that I cannot prevent android to stop my background apps after a while, such as whatapps or signal. Nevertheless I have tried to install apex, but S999 prevents the app from being standard. With apex I can lock apps, whatever apex means, but they arent locked in my sense. Android stops them. The list of apps I can see with apex - as long as it is active.First picture shows apex active, you can open apex controbut after while....you have to start apex again.....

Attachments

• 2021-05-01_193650.jpg
    2021-05-01_193650.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2021-05-01_193724.jpg
    2021-05-01_193724.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 3

ted

The (my) problem with the S999 is not the list of apps on the screen, the problem is, that I cannot prevent android to stop my background apps after a while, such as whatapps or signal. Nevertheless I have tried to install apex, but S999 prevents the app from being standard. With apex I can lock apps, whatever apex means, but they arent locked in my sense. Android stops them. The list of apps I can see with apex - as long as it is active.First picture shows apex active, you can open apex controbut after while....you have to start apex again.....
sorry i misunderstood, i haven't got the device so can't do any testing, but from what i can understand the only way you could bypass the menu system, presumably the 'battery optimisation' screen would be with a rooted device !

think i'll hold off on purchasing for the time being, but do seem to have picked up somewhere a software update to v06 is already out !